Our Board Recruiting Practice is at the core of our firm. Founded by our Chairman Russ Reynolds over two decades ago to recruit directors and advise on corporate governance, we provide research, networking, and insight – all built on our practice experts who each have more than 15 years of experience and success in board search and advisory. We are experts in:
- Identifying candidates who meet our clients’ strict criteria;
- Ensuring candidates fit in well from a chemistry and cultural standpoint; and
- Assessing a candidate’s ability to be an effective and value-added director.
Our partners’ high-touch processes and selective client nature ensures our board recruiting:
- Pinpoints cultural and chemistry fit for directors;
- Delivers on business-based needs for impact and results;
- Understands our clients’ strategic goals and vision;
- Attracts the best candidate for the future needs and go-forward strategy of our clients; and
- Includes an array of consulting services where needed.
Our Board Recruiting Practice has been engaged in numerous, mission-critical board searches – a select few are shared here.
Committed to Diversity
We continue to complete diversity assignments for a wide variety of companies, from small private family companies to Fortune 500s. In 2019, 94% of our board placements were either a woman and/or ethnically diverse. While these placements were diverse, they were also the most qualified candidates. We are proud to play a role in this important imperative, and excited for our clients who are making progress in diversity by adding female and ethnically diverse executives, board directors and trustees to their ranks.
Why Choose RSR?
Uninterrupted track record of success. The broad spectrum of corporations we work with demands candidates from an equally wide variety of industry backgrounds, domestic and international leadership roles, functional capabilities, and geographic, ethnic and gender criteria. In completing board assignments to these standards, we have an impressive success rate. Our search efforts are aided by fresh research and our continuously updated database of more than 50,000 active and retired executives, government officials and academicians. Our ever-expanding senior level sourcing network cuts across corporate America and the leading international corporate centers.
A partner leads every search. A senior member of the firm leads every engagement and handles all candidate identification, assessment and references, and client interaction. Our searches are never handed off to a junior staff member. Our industry practice groups bring additional knowledge to the matter as needed.
No internal competition for candidates. At any given time, we conduct a limited and distinct number of search assignments. Our new engagement review and acceptance process ensures there will be no client competition for candidates.
Collaborative and execution-focused culture. We operate within a culture — and with a compensation system — that places immense emphasis on collaboration, superior execution and results. For instance, at the beginning of each search, every senior member of the firm provides their input regarding potential candidates and sourcing ideas.
What We Do For You
Typical assignments in the boardroom include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting one or more directors
- Building new boards
- Evaluate existing board dynamics
- Conducting board assessment and gap analysis
- Advising on succession planning
- Creating new advisory boards
- Consulting on director and executive compensation
- Advising on corporate governance
Select industry experience with companies ranging from the Fortune 50 to 1000 includes, but is not limited to:
- Business services
- Consumer goods & services
- Digital media
- Financial services
- Food and beverage
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Hospitality and leisure
- Industrial technology
- Supply chain and logistics